Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Chicken Noodle Soup

maybe this is cheating because I just cut pasted off another website, but I guess that's where some recipes come from. I want to warn you that things with a lot of pizzaz that I normally LOVE just sound....wrong right now. So, you will have to take my recipes with a grain of salt cuz I like really mild tasting stuff right now. So, here's what I made tonight after we got home from "fun night". I guess we'll eat it tomorrow but I am also going to make chicken pot pie soon. Lucky for you, chicken sounds really good to me righ tnow, so you will be able to make most of the recipes, if you want.

INGREDIENTS:
4 cups chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 carrot, diced or thinly sliced
1 rib celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup uncooked egg noodles
1 cup cooked chicken, cut in small cubes
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
dash dried leaf thyme
chopped fresh parsley, optional
PREPARATION:
Combine chicken broth, pepper, carrot, and celery in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add noodles and boil for 5 minutes. Add chicken, peas and thyme, boil for 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until noodles are tender and peas are cooked. makes 4 servings

I actually didn't have any peas, so I added a bag of frozen veggies called "vegetables for soup" It was really easy. If you do that, don't add the carrots and celery it asks for. It tastes pretty good. It is 9pm and I think I'll go have a bowl.

How terrible of you to taunt me with CAFE RIO!!!! doh!

2 comments:

Polly said...

that sounds really good, except it is still too hot to think about soup just yet. but i'll definitely try it this fall. thanks- i understand about the food not sounding right....we'll just see if i can ever 'hit the spot'.

miranda said...

I've made the soup 2x already. it has been in the 50s-60s here and in the evening it hits the spot. you'll like it when you try it cuz it's so easy. especially if you get the bag of soup veggies.