Sunday, September 24, 2006

carnitas

I think you already have this one, but I'll post it anyway to make it look like I've been cooking :)

4 tomatillos quartered
1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
1 jalapeno
juice of one lime
one onion quartered
4 cloves of garlic halved
Lawry's tequila lime marinade (or one like it)
a few pounds of meat

put it all in the crock pot and let it cook all day. tasty.... we have been eating this for a few days. You can use the meat for grilled stuffed burritos with refried beans and spanish rice and cheese. that is a tasty alternative to the time consuming enchiladas. this is also good on tortilla chips with refried beans, chopped green chilies, the meat, cheese and then nuke it for a minute and a half. then put salsa on top or put it on before and make it warm. you can also spruce up your nachos with other condiments that you like like sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, etc.

tonight I am making the chicken noodle soup again. Like I said, mild is usually good. However, your thai soup looks fantastic and I think I'll make it tomorrow!! thanks!! we went out for thai last night and got some soup that was too heavy on the fish sauce. gag. we brought it home and gave it to bob. I have a fantastic recipe for the thai egg rolls (actually they're vietnamese, but they taste about the same) if you want it. let me know. of course, they are time consuming just like anything else you have to rolll.

2 comments:

Polly said...

those are great ideas- i love that meat but enchiladas are such a big deal that we dno't make them very often. putting it in burritos or nachos sounds great. i'll do it next month.

miranda said...

yeah, the enchiladas (one of darin's favorites because it is time intensive and WRAPPED) are a lot of work. that's why I left you the other ideas.