no picture :( we must have been hungry :)
8 oz ground turkey breast
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1/2 c chopped red pepper
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c fire roasted salsa verde (i just used whatever they had at the store)
1 pizza crust dough
3/4 c mexican preshredded cheese blend
1/4 c sour cream
1. preheat oven 425.
2. heat large non stick skillet over medium high heat. add ground trueky to pan, cook 3 minutes stirring to crumble. add onion and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan. cook 4 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender, stirring occasionally. remove from heat. stir in salsa..
3. unroll pizza dough. divide into 4 equal portions. roll each portion into 6x4 inch rectangle. working with one rectangle at a time spoon about 1/2 c turkey mixture on one side of dough. top with 3 tbspns cheese, fold dough over turkey mixture and press edges together with a fork to seal. place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. repeat procedure with remaning dough and turkey mixture. bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until browned. serve with sour cream.
as a side:
toss together a black bean salad: combine 1 15 oz can rinsed and drained black beans, 1 cup quartered cherry tomtoes, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 2 tbspn fresh lime juice, 2 tbspn chopped cilantro, and 1 tbspn olive oil in a medium bowl. toss to coat.
this was super yummy!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Don't let the lame name mislead you. This was delicious! Buttered orzo made a good partner for the dish.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (i just used 3 fresh roma tomatoes chopped)
4 artichoke hearts, quartered (i got a few from the olive bar at the store)
12 kalamata olives, halved and pitted (again from the olive bar)
4 tsp capers (i omitted this b/c they are dumb) :)
1/2 c crumbled feta
1/2 tsp italian seasoning (i made my own out of a few herbs from the cupboard)
1 tbspn olive oil
1. preheat oven to 375. place 4 12 inch squares of parchment paper of heavy duty foil on a work surface. place a chicken breast on one half of each square, leaving a 2 inch boarder. season with s/p.
2. dividing evenly, top chicken with tomatoes, artichokes. olives, capers and feta. sprinkle with italian seasoning and oil. fold parchment over ingredients, and crimp edges to seal. * i just put the chicken directly on some tin foil and folded it tightly to create a packet.
3. place packets on rimmed baking sheet. bake chicken until opaque through out, 20-22 minutes.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Paula Deen's Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe #297692
From Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Meals, Special Collector's Issue. Cook time does not include the 1 hour and 10 minutes you have to allow for letting the cakes sit.
by Anita Harris
1¼ hours | 10 min prep
SERVES 2 , 2 Cakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
sweet pink glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2") loaf pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream and strawberries. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Spoon Sweet Pink Glaze over warm cake, let stand 1 hour; remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sweet Pink Glaze:.
- 1 c powdered sugar.
- 2 tbsps milk.
- 1 drop red food coloring.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Need I say more?!!
- I didn't have any strawberry flavoring. It was good without it, but would be a stronger strawberry flavor definitely with it. We cut up some strawberries and let them marinade in sugar for a couple hours and made a strawberry shortcake out of it. YUM!!