Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I like a saucey pizza...

I know we have a lot of recipes for pizza sauces. But i think i just found the all-time favorite. this is super easy to do, doesn't require any heating, and Eric will usually whip it together while I'm making the dough. Even better.

New York Style Pizza Sauce
Cooking Light

This makes enough for 2 pizzas:

7 T water
2 T chopped fresh bail
1 1/2 T olive oil
2 t dried oregano
1 1/2 t sugar (or maybe honey, i haven't tried that yet)
1 t minced garlic
1 (14.5 oz) can petite-cut diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste

combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. stir with a whisk.


*I think i have finally discovered why my pizza dough/crust sometimes sticks to the bottom of the pan/cooking stone. I think i use too much sauce! Even with using a pampered chef stone, when i first did this recipe i used the entire amount of sauce on one pizza crust. The crust stuck, much to my disappointment. Next time I only used half the recipe of sauce and froze the other half. the pizza turned out great. problem solved.

No comments: