Friday, July 23, 2010

Flautas

this is from my mexican cooking book. Yum

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 T oil
1 (12 oz) can tomatillos, drained (I found these in the Mex food section) and mashed
1 T white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves

saute onion and garlic in hot oil til soft. add tomatillos, vinegar, and salt and pepper. bring to a boil and lower heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes to reduce liquid.
add chicken and cilantro, continue to cook uncovered approx 10 minutes. reduce heat to low to keep filling warm, do not allow to dry out.
fill corn tortillas and fry. I bought the extra large corn tortillas, which I hadn't seen before, but LOVED for this recipe. I made some homemade guac and it was tasty!


1 comment:

Polly said...

i think a mexican cook book sounds fabulous!! christmas present???? :)