Friday, May 01, 2009

Smoky Chicken Chili

2 poblano chili peppers, chopped (Winco didn't have these, so I bought 1 Pasilla chili; it was plenty hot)
1 large red bell pepper, chopped ($.58, eat it up baby!! gotta love Winco!)
1 medium sized sweet onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cans rotel
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (I used 2/3 of it and am using the other 1/3 for some black bean and spinach enchiladas that I'm making soon)
1 can (16 oz) navy beans
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can beer
1 (1.25 oz) package white chicken chili seasoning mix (I used regular chili mix bc I couldn't find the other-it was fine)

Saute first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large Dutch oven (I am lovin the dutch oven you gave me, thanks!!) over medium high heat 8 minutes or until veggies are tender.
stir in rotel and next 5 ingredients.  Bring to a boil over medium high heat.  reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.  Serve with desired toppings (cheese, cilantro, sour cream, lime wedges, baby corn, sliced black olives, chopped red onion, tortilla chips, etc)

This was Fab!  we ate it in 2 days, yum.  I just love rotisserie chicken in things!  I'll post the enchiladas tomorrow.

No comments: