Saturday, March 24, 2007

chicken pot pie soup

This is really yummy and I don't know if it's cuz of the noodles or the recipe, so try to make it with noodles made with egg yolks and wheat flour. The kind I got are amish and are square like 2 inches by 2 inches.

4 cups broth, water or combination ( I made my own by throwing a whole pieced up chicken into the pot for a while)
6 oz noodles
chicken from boiled chicken
3/4 cup diced potatoes
3/4 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
14.5 oz can cream of chicken soup

bring liquid to a boil. Add noodles and bring to a boil again. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. remove 2 cups of broth and mix with cream of chicken soup. add to noodles. add remaining ingredients. simmer or bake until vegetables are tender.

this was a soup someone brought us while we were getting meals from the church after the baby came. this was my favorite. it is kinda like a soup, but pretty thick. it is yummy!!

No comments: